Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What is it about kids that they have to leave evidence of their existence everywhere they go? We super-cleaned before Thanksgiving, down to the steam cleaning, dusting, taking down curtains and washing those and scrubbing blinds. I now cannot tell any room was ever clean! The den has scattered DVD cases, paper, crayons and clothing. The classroom, thank goodness is pretty tidy apart from the stray paper and pencil here and there. We won't even speak of what the bathrooms look like. I'm thinking of installing permanent dressers in there as it seems that is where all the clothes end up anyway!
Okay, I am complaining, but it is exhausting cleaning a room and turning around and having it destroyed. I feel like I have six "Pig-pens" living here; remember the character from Charlie Brown? Plus, I am just plain tired! Kimberly for some reason is finding it difficult to sleep in her own bed. She makes her way into our room every night. Sometimes I am so out of it I don't even realize she is there, but last night she came in, wet so much it leaked through her waterproof pants and soaked me. I changed her and put her back to bed, then she came back at 3am to say she had to potty, but I soon discovered it was too late as the second pair of pants were soaked. Second change and put to bed...only to crawl in with us about 45 minutes later, just as I was nodding off...so then I laid there for awhile, dozed A LITTLE and woke up at 5am. Figuring I'd just get up so I could make some scones for the kids for breakfast and go back to bed, I just got up. Got K and M up for school, prayed for them, fed them and sent them out the door. Did a load of dishes that we were to busy to finish last night and laid down on the couch...up comes Kimberly 30 minutes later..."wake up, PLEASE!" So here I sit in an exhausted stupor trying to get on with my day...
I just realized this blog is morphing into me and less about the kids, sorry! So I guess I'd better talk about how great they are now, right?
um........not much in the mood for that! Okay, they aren't that bad, but I have nothing to really speak of except little things..
#1 while dressing Kimberly yesterday, Becca came in the room and just started laughing uproariously..."mom look at Kimmy's bum!" I turned her around and her whole bum was exposed as the seam in her undies was ripped clear across...we all started laughing so hard she passed gas then giggled more about that!
#2 Stephen is doing very well with scouts and they are preparing to be in the parade this weekend.
#3 Lauren is doing much better on her allergy meds. She is compliant and helpful and less annoying than usual.
#4 Becca hasn't been feeling well and suffered from a horrible migraine last night. She ended up going to bed right after dinner...but then I had to get her up to go with us to choir practice at Church. I didn't make her get up, but got her a coke and some Tylenol and she started to feel a little better. I'm taking Becca and Lauren to the Nutcracker on Thursday.
#5 Megan is not being helped by the public school system like I thought she would. I thought I'd fought enough to get her the assistance she needs, but obviously after the progress reports I've seen, she isn't. It doesn't look like it will get any better. I am praying hard about her situation as I don't see homeschooling being an option that I can handle. I'd have to send everyone else to school, just to ensure that she is getting all the attention she needs in order to be successful. At this point I honestly have no idea what to do and feel quite helpless with this child.
#6 Katherine is doing very well, but I do notice her having some difficulties this semester with keeping it all together. I don't know why. She slipped from an A to a B in English and another class is an A- that she had a solid A in last quarter. She is getting excited for their pancake breakfast this weekend, parade, Christmas choir concert and upcoming trip to NY in January.
Paul has been home a lot this year. I'm used to not seeing him from Nov-Jan and he's been home more than not.
Well, I need to get the lazy ones up....
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008