Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kimberly's birthday


Monday was crazy busy...but the most memorable moment was losing Kimberly. The kids had all been playing in Lauren's room after lunch and I scolded them to get back to their work as creativity coop was at 3 and we were expecting three families to join us. I was working on our art project and continued preparing dinner, as well as the art stuff....well, a little while passed and I asked the kids to check on Kimberly. They obviously didn't do it. Just about 2:30 I came downstairs and started looking around. It was very quiet and somewhat dark as it was a cold-on-the-verge-of raining kind of afternoon. NO KIMBERLY ANYWHERE! I yelled up the stairs for the older kids to get shoes on and help me look. The doors were locked save for the back door. We looked in the back, in the dog house, no Kimberly. The neighbors have yet to fix their fence and I suddenly feared she just climbed over those lame three pieces of wood and made an escape, something her siblings certainly would have done long ago. About this time everyone began to show up and we searched high and low. My friend Janice found Kimberly half naked laying on my bedroom floor closet surrounded by candy...I'm guessing she was having a sugar high...here is a great picture. As you can see there is candy stuck all over her. And here is one with the pink frosting off her cake that she got into ( just before lunch I found her sitting in the middle of the kitchen table eating/mangling her cake--pretty much sticking to just the frosting. As for all the Halloween candy we had hidden, what she didn't eat made it into the trash! That was the most exciting birthday I think we have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008