Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Kimberly!

It is Monday...and 32 degrees outside! It is supposed to be colder this week with rain and such. I really should be doing something more productive, but I am just draggin'!
The nice thing about being here vs. Louisiana is the seasonal change. The leaves are so pretty right now! I don't remember ever truly experiencing Autumn in Louisiana. We went straight from Summer into Winter and then back into Summer again. Spring and Autumn were only week long shifts...not true seasons.
Everyone has the "snots." As you can see from the blog, we had family portraits taken on Saturday and it went somewhat painlessly, except for the child predator stalking my kids for a few minutes....the good Lord made sure I was extra vigilant and undistracted. He hung around until Paul showed up and then seemed to take off. Now I know why we don't go to mall's here! It is the first time we'd set foot in a mall in two years....
Katherine spent the rest of Saturday in choir competitions. They placed "Superior" (that means great). Megan won her English class spelling bee and wants to compete for the whole school bee...things seem to be looking up for her as she is finally getting motivated to do well. Rebecca spent the weekend playing with friends. The neighbor stayed the night and went to church with us on Sunday...well, went with Paul, Kat, Megan and Becca. By the time we reached the church, Paul and I both realized that three of the kids were way too snotty to take in and expose all the elderly parishoners to their colds, so I dropped the oldest ones off and took the other three shopping for an hour. We were going to celebrate Kimberly's birthday so I needed supplies. I had planned on making a cake on Saturday, but fell asleep at 8:30pm. Sunday I got up early, only to find I had just one egg....so I had to buy a cake. Paul was leaving for 10 days, so we had to do it then...no more time for me to make anything!
My camera has vanished, taken by the "not me" ghost. It was sitting in here on the file cabinet last I remember and now it is gone...so no pics until the "not me" ghost decides to return it. Kimberly picked out a Dora cake and everyone had fun eating spaghetti o's and cake and ice cream. Her grandma got her a new dress and her cousin in WA got her a big 'cushy' bear that everyone is threatening to take from Kimmy. Grandma also got her a cabbage patch kids doll playset that they have been playing with ever since. We got her some DVD's of her favorite shows (we have no cable so they are just Wonderpets and Little Einsteins..we've seen them when we checked them out from the library) and a little indoor bowling set.
Well, I need to get back to work...busy day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008