Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Megan's trying day and Kat's opportunity

Gas at Sam's, $1.80/gal
That was the price last night...filled up our huge van for $45! It was double that not too long ago! Food prices still seem to be high, but we just cut out all the "good" stuff.
We show up for children's choir practice last night at church. Seems to have all went rather bumpy...I was having a "bad mommy" day yesterday...but afterwards, the director grabs Katherine and makes her sing a song. Then excuses her and comes to me and says she wants her to do a solo on Christmas eve....Katherine is excited, but then this morning the reality of singing ALONE in front of a packed church hit her...she is very nervous now!
This also makes me very sad for the others. How can you stand being the "next Harper" after her? The straight A, never upset your parents, honest, talented sister has got to be hard on everyone else. Megan seems to really be bothered by it and tends to retreat into a "snit." She tries, but bless her heart, nothing she does ever turns out the way she wants it to. And, I probably didn't help by getting on her case about not using her time wisely. They had over two hours to get homework done, chores and eat dinner before leaving and Megan did nothing, then took a shower...she ended up running out to the car in her underwear! I'm such a bad mom! Here we were all ready to back up and she still wasn't in the van, I went up and said I would throw her out in her towel if she didn't get her butt in gear and she was crying and trying to at least get panties on as I followed her out to the van...she was dressed by the time we reached the Church. I feel at a loss as to how to help her, but maybe this is a maturation process. I remember Katherine, up until this year seemed to space out and not do anything. She seems to be getting better. I just hope they all hit this point, sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008