Monday, April 27, 2009

Friends

It has been years since we've been surrounded by an abundance of love, acceptance and true fellowship. This past weekend was a gentle reminder, at least to me, of how very blessed we are here. Paul and I haven't done "couple" things with other couples in a very long time...probably at least 12 years or so. I guess I didn't realize how much I missed sharing an evening with other like minded people!!
Paul of course came home Friday night to me sitting up in bed struggling with my pregnant digestion situation....guess I am back to no eating after 4pm! Anyway, woke bright and early to pick up his brand new toy/baby, oh, wait, I mean riding lawnmower...from Sears. His brother helped him out and we enjoyed visiting for a bit before he had to return to his Saturday morning chores. Paul promptly sped read thru his owner's manual, filled the tank and proceeded to mow...enjoying every minute of it! The kids and I puttered around trying to shop, pick up, catch up and generally letting daddy have his moment in the sun ;)
Saturday night we had been invited to join our homeschool group's dinner club. Homemade German food! Yummy! We had a wonderful time and went home full and happy!!!
Sunday, I guess was Stephen's turn to be sick and so I stayed home while Paul dared Mass with four girls (I heard thru the older ladies in church that he did fine). Sunday night involved more shopping for the things that had been forgotten the day before, cooking and then getting out again for the Knights of Columbus banquet. Of course we were probably close to the youngest people in the room, but it was a lovely evening and struck up many conversations with interesting laity and religious all around us. I think I am a grown up now!
Well, I gotta run as Katherine has an orthodontist appt this morning and then our art co op with three other families this afternoon...busy, busy, busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008