Wednesday, December 17, 2008

kids still don't know

This has turned into a game for Paul. We hung seven stockings. I could hear the buzz, "why did dad hang seven?" "can't he count?" "maybe he hung one for himself," and "we should have him put one more up for mom."
Paul doesn't want to directly tell them, he wants them to figure it out, so now it is just funny. We put the ultrasound pics in the stocking and today I bought some little booties and put them in there too, so that if they ever pull down the unnamed stocking and look in it, hopefully they will figure it out! My friends are shocked that they haven't figured it out as my stomach is the first thing that goes...out. I've been doing pretty well at hiding my bump, but come on! We'll see how long this goes on...I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

  1. Oh how funny! My kids were asking for another one before I got pregnant and as soon as I was sick like constantly they assumed it was from that. I thwarted their accusations though for awhile. When we told them they were all like, "I KNEW IT!" Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I don't get sick, sick, just nauseous. I do get very tired and I thought they'd figure it out when mom was just laying around, but I couldn't do that for long. I laugh when I think of how many naps I took with baby #1 and how many I get now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get more now, because I don't have the energy I had then. My kids are funny, if I'm sleeping, then they will go to great links to keep me that way. Then they get to do whatever they want, which I'm sure doesn't include school work, and I don't yell at them while I'm sleeping. LOL! Let the game continue!

    ReplyDelete

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008