Sunday, December 21, 2008

catch up on a whole lotta nothing!!!!!!!!

We got our converter box coupons in the mail last week and Paul finally got them hooked up yesterday...yeah, the pictures are so clear it is amazing! AND, now instead of four channels of nothing to watch...we have 12 channels of nothing to watch! LOL! My mom will be happy when she visits as they have the "Retro" channel and several old 70s shows were on yesterday. More PBS and church channels...not much else to offer. Some days I really miss cable!
The older ones and I pretty much spent yesterday baking up a storm! Blueberry bread, peanut butter krunchies, fudge, caramels, and fudgy bon-bons. Today I still needed to make the Martha Washingtons and mexican tea cakes. That should conclude our holiday baking. It will probably have to wait until tomorrow since I'm already exhausted and I still need to pull off dinner (early) as Kat needs to be at church by 5:00 in order to get ready for her big performance at 6. We are taking a friend's mother with us, so hopefully the kids won't kill her!!! She'd had five or six in her day, so I am assuming she can handle a little noise. Geoffrey is performing in the play today with Kat. He and Paul grew up together and went to preschool and kindergarten together...in fact I think they went to school together until Paul was shipped off to St. Michael's in Calif. when he was 13. They went to the ball game last night. Geoff has season tickets to the Tigers and invited Paul....some much needed "away from the family time" for him! Anyway, Geoff's mom lives in town, so we offered to drive her so she could watch her son...I think she is actually looking forward to it. Like most older folks, she doesn't go anywhere unless someone drives her.
Last Thursday I took two kids out for secret Santa gifts. We took two at a time so no one would know who they drew. Usually they pick names in early Nov. and the kids have to make something for their s.s., but this year I was too lazy and forgot...the kids remembered and panicked last week, so I just handed each $20 and said, "buy something this year!" When I got home there were 10 kids in the house...four ours, but six were neighbor kids! Paul was totally oblivious...actually not that much. A neighbor had an emergency with her six year old, so we took in her other two that were home. Two more came home from school, so Paul went down and picked them up and brought them back to our house. The neighbors across the street also came over = houseful! I'm glad everyone feels so comfy that they dump their kids when they need to! It is actually quieter around here with more kids! They all play, oh, and it was the start of that warm front, so it was warm! Yesterday it got up to 68!!!! But today it will be lucky if it gets to 40. The kids were freezing this morning because mommy forgot to turn the heat back on, oops!
Well, I hope your day is a blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008