Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend update

So, I guess lately we are being called into service...just about every few days someone we know has some small (or big) emergency that we are having to drop everything and help them...not that I mind! Anything to get away from reality, right?
Friday, I took Lauren into the allergist as her behavior has been getting increasingly worse (can't sit still for anything or anyone, everyone being mad at her for her misbehavior, etc). For some reason I just thought we'd give this a shot. Found out she was allergic to grasses and weeds, some trees, cats, dust mites and mold. We started her on Allegra and she is supposed to continue with that for 10 refills and then come back and get retested to see if it has successfully calmed her immune system down. I must say how shocked I am at how well she has taken to it. There have been no outbursts and screaming at Lauren from the others, Lauren has been calm and "normal" and her itching has about 90% vanished. She also had the nice "shiners" under her eyes that every day seem to be getting a little bit better. She didn't speak to me at all Friday as I didn't warn her about the "pokes" to her back, but she is over that shock now. She is also enjoying a calmer attitude and seems happier...all worth it!
So you can guess Saturday was spent cleaning every surface that could gather dust and steam cleaning/shampooing with special allergen killer the carpet in my room. I was going to move onto the living room, but the kids were in and out raking leaves and playing...actually everyone but Kimberly as all she did was run and take a nose dive into the piles!
I'll post more later, but I have to get busy with dinner prep! I did manage to get all my Thanksgiving shopping out of the way, so now I can just sit back and relax for a few days...on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008