Friday, March 7, 2008

I thought everyone was lying to me!


LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!!
When we moved here everyone said there is usually one snow a year. Well, now it is March and I didnt' see any, but now a wintery snow storm has blanketed our backyard and the kids are all anxious to be out in it. I tried to convince them to keep inside until tomorrow when the icy coldness will have stopped, but to no avail. My living room is now littered with multiple pairs of wet mittens, socks (because some of them used these when their mittens were failing to keep their hands warm) from both feet and hands, shoes, coats, gloves, hats and scarves!!!!!!! I think it looks to be about 2 inches thus far and it is to continue thru the night! Of course you don't see boots on the list because we haven't been anywhere with snow in so long that I've not bought snow boots since Katherine was a baby! Kimberly doesn't even have a winter coat and Lauren's isn't really a "proper" winter coat, but just a cute faux fur thing. Stephen lost his already, athough I didn't think it that important since I thought winter was over. He loses one every year and last year he went thru three. I always figure God finds a way for some poor child to get coats thru my absent minded professors!

Here is Megan's giant snowball, she has lovingly named her "Lisa." She plans to roll her down our long "ramp" of a driveway tomorrow...they all cannot wait. So glad I did my shopping today! I'll try to get some good ones of the kids in the snow tomorrow...guess I better find some more winter clothes...that I'd already packed up because it has been in the 70's lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008