Tuesday, January 8, 2008

report card time!

Katherine is starting down the trail to braces. She has an appointment today to take care of a few cavities and tomorrow gets her initial evaluation with the orthodontist school. After calling around we discovered that it would save us a ton of money to just go to the school. I've found out the going rate for braces is anywhere between 5-6K! The ortho school only charges 3K. Granted, we have to pay all that up front and wait for reimbursement from our insurance (they will pay half), but it is a heck of a deal! The only problem is that I now will have to drive into midtown in order for her to get care...and I always seem to get lost when I have to drive into Memphis!
Katherine brought home her report card, severely disappointed...she was just one point away from the principal's list! She is very bored with her "stupid, easy classes" that are required by the state and she isn't paying as much attention to things she should, hence the "B" instead of the "A" in that class. All the others are A's, but she still isn't happy about that B.
Megan was home sick with strep throat yesterday. She started with it probably on about Thursday or Friday, but I ignored her until Saturday she woke up and her throat was noticeably swollen. We started immediate treatment with the colloidal silver and her immune boost tablets. She recovered enough by about 10am yesterday that I knew she was ready to go back today. Guess we'll see her report card when she comes home.
Stephen got all A's as well. Surprise, surprise...in an attempt at trying to get Megan motivated for school we offered money for grades. I remember when I was in high school, I was so envious of other kids whose parents did this....it never occurred to me that my mom just couldn't afford it. Stephen overheard my discussion with Megan and announced that he was the richest person in the family!
Gotta run, have a very blessed day!
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008