Saturday, January 5, 2008

Another day...

Stephen is driving us crazy with the constant piano playing. I can hear him downstairs. I know Paul has heard him as I hear the water running now. It doesn't matter how many times we tell him to wait for everyone to be awake, it doesn't phase him. He plays and plays until he has exhausted his piano book, then he turns to his sister's assignments. He then goes thru those until his sister hears him and comes bounding into the room to snatch up her books and angrily tell him that he is only supposed to be practicing out of his own book! I need to get the piano corner organized so everyone has their own space for their assignment books and practice books....I've been looking for a five drawer shelf thing and as of yet have been unable to locate one.
Yesterday was First Friday. For us that means Mass in the morning, followed by co-op style classes and then prayers at noon back up in the church. It was such a small group that it seemed awkward. Usually I have about ten girls in my class and yesterday there was only five AND no one showed up for the Angelus at noon. Lauren is in my class of Little Flowers. The girls learn the virtues and saints who depict these virtues in class. They earn badges, just like the scouts do. They can also earn medals by completing assigned tasks from their books. All the girls work so hard to complete their tasks; it is very inspiring! Yesterday, the girls made spiritual bouquets for someone of their choosing. Lauren chose my friend's daughter, Grace. Grace has suddenly developed some liver problems and they (the doctors) are unsure of exactly what is wrong. Lauren made this beautiful little card, then we went back up into the church and she said her prayers...offering them all for Grace's strength during this time of struggle ("to willingly accept God's providence and find strength and consolation in our Lady"). We will send Grace her card today and I hope she finds it comforting.
Well, I hear the troops arising, so I'd better go down to make breakfast. The refrigerator was delivered two days ago, but the door was dented, so we insisted upon a replacement since they only would offer us a $10 gift card if we accepted it as is! Paul laughed and said, "if that is it, forget it, I want a whole new fridge. They are supposed to be delivering it this morning. We LOVE the new fridge!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008