Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back to Normal?

All's well that begins well...actually not. In a large family the one thing I've learned is that it can all go to pot once you turn your back! I've actually sat down to type this twice, but got pulled away for an "oooo gross" (Kimberly speak for "poopy diaper") and a "Mommy I can't reach the cereal" (never mind the fact that I made Piggy Pudding for breakfast, so a 9x13" pan is sitting on top of the stove with breakfast in it).

When I came back to the computer, Kimberly had wiped out my blog info and youtube was playing...now how she did that I don't know!

Megan is back in school today. Even if she has a bit of a stomach ache, I told her I could no longer justify a child staying home who is failing school! When I caught her fighting with her sisters last night I knew she was better, so off she went! She had one bought of vomiting and suffered thru some nausea for a couple of days. The doc said that the constipation was what caused the stomach ache (of course she felt better in the dr's office!). She did have a mild fever when we went, but nothing else remarkable could give us a hint as to what is going on. Did I mention how much I love this new doctor? She is my kind of doctor. Their office boasts an 88% success rate of seeing patients within 5 minutes of their arrival (this was recorded over last Christmas's holiday!). They do not conduct appointments ahead of time, but guarantee that if you call before 7:30 that you will be seen that day. At first this drove me batty, but I've adjusted and am really liking it. It is all completely paperless. You register your new patient info online and it goes directly to their office and sets up your "file." All the techs, nurses and doctor carry laptops from room to room. This allows the doc to see all your history at a glance and to know what is happening in all the rooms as well. It is decorated with a water theme and even has a cascading waterfall that soothes the sounds of the office. With light bamboo flooring and leather recliner/exam tables it is truly an experience to "go to the doctor." They even have a wellness center attached that has massage therapy, yoga classes, pilates, weight watchers, kid fit classes and mommy/baby yoga. I wish we lived closer to the doc (it is a 50 minute drive for us). But at least I'm not stressed every time we have to go. Now if I could just get there without getting lost ;)
Back to our family....
Becca woke up yesterday at 6:30, determined to get her work done before Lauren woke up. Actually she came very close. Since everyone got done quickly, we managed to get my sister out for a tour around town...ummm, I think that took 20 minutes! We then popped over to Sonic for a treat and then do the afternoon scramble since we had dentist appointments.

I don't know how Katie has managed to get six cavities, but that has severely delayed her in getting her braces. Stephen and Rebecca only have one each (they both are done with fillings) and I think Megan only had one as well, but I had to boot her since she was still feeling ill. I took her place since I had three teeth that needed working on...not cavities, but we are slowly going thru and taking out the old silver cavities as they are turning into wedges and cracking my molars in half! This dentist is the polar opposite of our doctor, in that I wait for 30-90 minutes for an appointment. There are three dentists and four hygienists there...you think they could see you on time! I have half a mind to go around and sit in waiting rooms and time how long it takes for patients to be seen in any given office! I think that is my biggest frustration about seeing docs/dentists is their complete lack of respect for my time!
Paul got called out to fly a SLC route, I think the last text I got was that he was in SLC again and not supposed to be done until Sunday....we'll see. He's got a nice schedule this month as he is a reserve pilot and they only call him when they need him. He signed up for first fly this week, so hopefully his name will go to the bottom of the list for next week.
We're hosting Thanksgiving this year at our house. It should be a lot of fun! We might have a houseful if Paul's brother's family all comes. That would be good for the cousins to get to see each other.
Well, I need to get on with my day. Lauren is still sleeping and I need to rouse her and get some laundry into the dryer...4 loads by 4!
Your sister in Christ,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008