Saturday, May 26, 2012

UNDAUNTED

This was the title of a blog post I read a month ago and it has been swirling through my head for the last month.  What a great one word description of my life!  I have continued to press on "undaunted" by life events...but enough about me, now on to the kids.  So much has been going on it is hard to pin it all down to just one writeup.  I keep promising to get better about blog writing, but time does get past me!
Katherine is struggling with decisions...real grown up decisions.  Her courtship relationship is getting harder to keep separate from school and family, which I have to remind her is normal.  That is the way God designed it.  She is very torn between him and going to school and the accompanying frustration of knowing they can't be together yet as they would be poor as church mice.  So for now, the daily grind and monetary commitments push the wedding date further into the future.  We did all have a wonderful time on our family vacation this year...to Kitty Hawk, NC!  It was cold, but fun!
We thought it would even get better if we brought boys for Stephen to hang and play with...and we were right!  Two of his friends who are used to being part of a big family came along, as well as their big brother, Katie's intended.  So Paul and I, undaunted, dragged ten children 15 hours east for a week at a beach house we'd rented.

(There are so many pictures I am going to have to inundate you now with loads of beach footage)








and that's a wrap!
(btw, we found a pelvis bone of some animal, heavily toned in ocean water...that is what Paul is holding up)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008