Sunday, November 1, 2009

Facebook heralds in death of telephone and blogs!

Ugh! Since Facebook is now the quick and easy method of communicating, I find myself lagging behind my blogging. I realized this morning that it has been almost a month since I posted and yet, my mind is spinning from how busy we've become! Paul has been in and out of town now that his retraining into the new airframe is completed. We all got WAYYYYY to attached to having a daddy around with "normal" hours! Now we are chaotically trying to maintain the new normality. Right after our last post (with out of town guests), the kids and I got onto a plane and flew up to my mom's home in Washington. I can't say it was an easy task, but not nearly as horrible as I feared it to be. Had to keep up the strong front for my worried husband, but it went very well. Got to see old friends and hear all the lavish praise over my mom...who I never doubted would receive it, just love to hear it...although I have to laugh that every story everyone told dwindled down to alcohol, strip parties or how she told off this person and that person and she still actually was gainfully employed! Her retirement party actually netted her more job offers than she's had in years! I think it is wonderful that she has set such good examples for her daughters on working hard and putting up with shit so that years later you can throw it back at them and they have to listen because you've already proven yourself as an invaluable, hard working, truthful employee.
When we flew home, we were blessed by an anonymous donor...someone bought our whole family lunch! I was in tears I was so humbled. When we got back on soil in Little Rock, the car lot attendant, drove us to our van, loaded up my bags in the back and helped with the kids. Laughingly he said, "me and my wife got six kids, I know what it's like!" I thanked him (it was pooring rain out) and handed him a huge tip. The drive home was worse than anything! Pooring rain, slow driving, traffic delays and screaming baby! We finally got in and found my neighbor had cleaned my house and left a fresh plate of brownies on the kitchen counter for us! Just when I think we are at our worst...He shows me what wonderful people exist in this world! That whole trip was a lesson in placing my trust in God and affirmed to me that we made the right decision and that all is going to happen the way it is supposed to! Well, I will get back on later and update the rest of October for y'all. Lauren is home sick from Church, and I hear her up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008