Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My experience with the law...

Okay, another "I hate my kids day." Everyone has been so wacky, loud and disrespectful since Paul left...I don't know why. Maybe because mom is "checked out", in pain, tired, or getting sick...any or all of the above. I go to the endodontist today to see what is wrong and hopefully fix it. In the meantime, I look for more squishy foods to eat as I can't bit anything (pull apart sandwiches in bite size pieces, and anything hard is out the window). Wow, I am just exhausted. Big stress last night....we had art co-op over here and Kat was supposed to stay after school for a meeting. Anticipating that she would call for pickup while three other families were parked in my driveway, I moved my van to what was once the "cul-de-sac," but is now just a wide spot in the road. Unbeknownst to me, I got the right side of the van in the mud! Kat ended up with a ride home with a friend from school, so I didn't get in my van until 6:30pm last night, to pick up Stephen from basketball practice (another dad took him). When I got in I thought it felt a little crooked, but soon started up and..........spun my wheels! Tried to rock, but it just would go about four inches and settle back to its previous spot. It was pitch black and cold and so I gave up. Called a friend who promised to come out in the morning as her dh was on graveyard shift and would return in the morning. Called my other friend and asked if they could bring Stephen home as I was unable to drive anywhere...no probs...fast forward about 10pm, I get up to get a drink of water and see cop lights flashing on the street behind my van! I think, should I call the police station or go out there? And if I go out there, will they think they are under attack and I invite unwanted bullets into my pudgy body???? What does it feel like to get shot? Oh, my mind wanders! As I stood at the window trying to decide what to do, I finally figure to turn on lights and begin to walk out...remember we live on an acre and the house is somewhat situated a little more than 1/2 way back from the road. I'm yelling, "I'm sorry officer, that is my van! I just got stuck in the mud and no one could come help me until tomorrow morning!" Their flashlights quickly flash in my direction to see a pregnant woman waving her arms, walking slowly towards them. They asked their few questions and say someone called in a suspicious vehicle...I said I didn't understand that since we bought the van a year ago and all my neighbors know it is ours??? After a few minutes they finally wished me a good night and walked back to their car. I walked back up and watch them head off a second police officer who'd come from the opposite direction..two cop cars, four cops...just for a 12 passenger van with a carseat in it?! Olive Branch must be hurting for activity!~ They sat outside my house for 15 minutes or more talking...so much excitement!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are feeling so bad and that your kids are not being helpful. Will remember you at my rosary.

    ReplyDelete

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008