Friday, December 5, 2008

So yesterday, I took Lauren and Rebecca to the school performance of the Nutcracker. Both of them took friends and for the first time we actually got to see the whole thing...thanks to daddy who stayed home with Kimmy and Stephen! It is nice to go to the school performances as they are a little more laid back and helpful. Someone comes out at the beginning to introduce the story and help the kids with their "ballet manners." He then returns at Intermission to answer questions. Lauren's friend, "Did the sleigh really fly?" Answer, "no, it had special wires that carried it up to a special platform behind the stage." Lauren (asking me as her voice did not carry as well as Lotus'), "how did they get it to snow inside the theater?"
Rebecca and her friend thoroughly enjoyed it. They enjoyed seats that we really wouldn't have ever been able to afford had we seen this ballet on opening night. Mezzanine and almost on top of the stage...the girls really had perfect views! We kinda had a whole girl day as afterwards we went to eat lunch at Cracker Barrel and then I took everyone home. I was utterly exhausted and fell into bed when I got home...sleeping for almost two hours!
Today will be another out of the house day as we have First Friday activities today and I still have to make my potluck meal. We leave in two hours so I'd better get my b*** in gear! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008