Sunday, October 26, 2008

The week in Review...


(image on right is Katherine and her aunt Julie after her "La Traviata" performance...I tried to post this lower, but it kept coming up here!)

Things were busy around here for this family of 8 this week! On Monday, Stephen has scouts at 6:30...Paul is now an assistant Webelos I leader as the women already were exerting control, so he just fills in and runs things when they let him ; ) He and Stephen hauled all of our broken bikes down to the meeting and the boys spent Monday night fixing all our bikes. Paul laughingly says, "next week we will all meet at my house and we will work on your carpentry and plumbing skills!" He is currently selling popcorn, so if anyone wants any, just let me know!
Tuesday meant Megan got to perform for her middle school's homecoming football game. Her school joined in the Presidential Physical Fitness program, so everyone has to have a PE. Megan chose "Cheer Dance Aerobics." It has turned out to be all cheer and no dance and no aerobics! Anyway, all the girls from the classes got to perform during halftime. I wanted to download the video Paul took, but it was so blurry you could barely make out anything, sorry! I must say that my previous objections to anything "cheer" have tempered. Megan was a natural and did very well!
Wednesday Lauren rushed thru her schoolwork, so she wouldn't be late for a playdate with her friend M.G. They live near us and if you look at previous postings, they took ballet together last year.
Thursday meant gymnastics for Lauren and Rebecca. They are both loving it (well, Lauren doesn't like having to sit still during the instruction portion). The others got lucky and got to attend the high school's fall festival. Games, prizes and Karoake were enjoyed by everyone. Paul said Katie and Megan both sang Celine Dion songs and when Megan sang, all the middle school cheerleaders stood behind her doing "moves" and voicing backup...what I wouldnt' have given to see that! I think Megan finally had a "I really am good and special" moment...I'm glad as I don't think she gets enough of those from her peers.
Friday was a true blessing for me. A friend invited me in for her cesarean, to help her in any way that she or her husband needed. I hope I did what they needed, for I truly felt blessed to once again be a part of the birth of a new creation! Paul had the day off and everyone was at his mercy for the whole day, LOL!
Friday night, Paul took Katherine to her homecoming football game where her choir sang the National Anthem. The football team won 42 to 14 so it apparently was a good game. Afterwards, the choir hosted the homecoming dance and karoake party. I was a little panicked when Paul came home without her and annouced that he left Katie at the school to go to the dance, but he told me to back off as he sat with her and all her friends at the game and they were all good kids. They were all going as a group. PLUS, I found out later that their homecoming is NOTHING like what it was when I was growing up. Apparently, the only formal here is the Prom. Everyone at homecoming was just in jeans and tshirts/sweatshirts. Not a big deal. She sang "Concrete Angel" at the karoake party after the dance. Her friend video taped her and is supposed to upload it to youtube...I'll let you know when it is on there.
We spent yesterday going door to door with Stephen selling popcorn, yardwork, and then to top it all off, Paul went with Katherine and his dad to the opera. His sister Julie is one of the singers and they performed, "La Traviata." Katherine loved it!

Well, daddy certainly has spent a lot of time with the kids this month. Hopefully that will fill them thru the busy delivery months that lie ahead. It is always hard for the kids and me not to see him from Nov. to January. Now for my day of rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008