Monday, February 4, 2008

February already!

I can't believe it is already February! I meant to download some pictures of the kids' recital, but my lovingly absentminded dh forgot the camera in the car....and since I was in the foyer with a loud Kimberly (dh didn't give her a nap while I was out grocery shopping). I didn't get to see much, but was thrilled that the piano teacher had the music piped in from the sanctuary to the foyer!
They all played wonderfully, with just a few boo-boos! I think it was the intimidation factor. Stephen and Lauren had both never played in front of an audience before AND it wasn't a piano, but a keyboard, so the kids weren't used to that. Paul's step mom, dad and sister all came! I was so happy that they made the effort and it meant so much to the kids!
That was last week and it has just been a roller coaster of a week!
I tried to turn our garage into a drive thru! I accidentally hit the gas instead of the break coming into the garage on Friday. Let's just say, the Honda Odyssey is perfectly designed for front end collisions...not a scratch! However, when I backed into a street lamp two years ago, the rear side crumpled like a soda can!
The garage outer wall, however will all have to be rebricked and the sheetrock and three 2x4s will have to be replaced! Just when we were starting to get ahead of the debt situation!
We are also supposed to pick up our "new" van this weekend! Everyone is so excited. Our van scout picks it up on the 5th in Dallas, then we have to call the bank and give them the VIN number, etc. and then they will issue the check. Paul comes home Saturday morning and we will drive over and pick it up over in Memphis. This van scout is who the whole home school group uses to get vans. He always gets a good deal. We are getting a 2007 Chevy Express for just $17,500 (not white)! He had a friend of his, who is a dealer, pick it up at auction for him. Anyway, will post a pic as soon as I get one.
I hear kids waking up, so I'd better scoot! It is going to be a warm one today...76! But then tomorrow is supposed to be 46...big shift! Gotta go and turn off the heat...
Love and blessings!
Kris

1 comment:

  1. Where are you? Christmas is over and we're in Lent. We need you here too (know what I mean?). Hope you have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008