Sunday, January 20, 2008

How has five whole days gone by since my last post! Sorry for all those who check this regularly and I can't keep up! It has been a busy week.
Katherine goes in this week for her x-rays and molds for her braces. I don't know how long before the braces, but surely it is soon after. We got her progress report for English, 100/100. I don't know why that one teacher sends us progress reports, no one else does. She also had her gifted testing on Monday and we are anxious to see her results. She finished up rather quickly and she said it was easy. I just don't understand how when I tried to have her tested at four, they told me she was average (which is why we home schooled after that) and now all her teachers wanted her tested....life has a funny way of turning about sometimes!
Just when I thought we were over some humps with Megan, I get an email from her band director. She is holding up the class setting up and can't get herself together (getting her drumsticks, music out, etc.). He asked us to work with her at home,
which I'm not sure how we can. Her academic classes seem to be going well. I see her actually doing her homework on a regular basis, although not always finishing as it takes her so long. She will be in her room for three hours and I will go in to check on her and she will just be staring at her books and I'll ask if she wants help and she always says no, but then her next words are, "I'm stuck on this one and I can't figure it out." I explain that she do as much as she can and then come to mom or dad and ask us to help figure it out with her....but she doesn't want help so we end up arguing and me leaving her alone...this goes on all night until she falls face down in her books and falls asleep. I think the tutoring I wanted to get her MONTHS ago would be helping, but Paul won't hear of spending the money. It was quite a bit and we'd have to pull all the kids out of all their activities, just for Megan to go to tutoring once a week!

I think the piano is doing several of them a lot of good focusing them and Stephen especially is getting a lot out of it. I can't believe how good he is. I watch him play and he is just mesmerized by the piano as he plays, and plays and plays. Last week Teresa told us that she'd probably only be able to teach him another two years, tops, and then we'd have to look into a tutor from the University of Memphis. They have their recital next Saturday. We had a practice this past Saturday and the kids really enjoyed it.

Good news on the home-front! Our house in Shreveport now has a 12 month lease on it!!! Praise the Lord!!!!! We desperately needed that financial boost! Now we can finally get the van that has been sitting and waiting for us! Our van scout found it a few weeks ago (it took him a little over three months to find what we wanted) at an auction and a dealer friend of his picked it up with the agreement to hold it until we could buy it. It shouldn't cost us over 18K! Paul put a call into him yesterday, so hopefully by the end of the month we can all ride comfortably (and legally) in the van!

Hopefully, I will get to publish more soon...just a quick note to catch everyone up! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008