Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Post Thanksgiving hubbub...

In the aftermath of Thanksgiving we had several productive days. I spent that Friday cooking my heart out, trying to use up all the leftovers. I think I ended up with a turkey noodle soup, 2 turkey pot pies, 9 cups of broth, 2 batchs of Hoppin'John (for you non-southerners that is black-eyed peas with ham) and about 3 cups cubed turkey. I didn't think I'd get that much, but a little goes a long way! I decided next time to have turkey pot pies already prepared and give them away as guests leave!
We also have almost completed decorating. As you can see from our photo, the house is done, save for the outside. We started that, but decided we needed a taller ladder to save ourselves a broken neck or two. Right before this shot was taken Lauren (the red head up front) was swingin around the living room and accidentally pulled one of the stockings down...thereby cracking her head open with the stocking holder "P". We had blood spurting out of her head and had to change her dress. Her pic actually turned out very well, despite the last minute dress change and hysterical crying just two minutes prior. We did get the blood to stop as well.
My sister made it home safe and sound. My mom called to say they'd had snow and even the pass over the mountains had closed for a bit. We were both glad that Tara wasn't going to attempt to drive back to mom's. She ended up getting called back to work sooner than she expected, so she didn't have more that a day or two left off.
Paul is off today and tomorrow so I am hoping to get some shopping done. Just a few things here and there. I'm amazed at how much time I have. Usually we don't decorate till the last minute and forget about the cards and pictures...there is usually no time! This year I should be able to get them out on time!
Well, I need to get back to "work."
Love to you all!
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008