Sunday, November 18, 2007

Donuts for Obedience...

Okay, I'll admit it...I bribe my kids. But let's face it. We don't get up and go to work everyday out of a sense of responsibility, we do it because we get paid...and today is payday in the Harper household. I came up with the idea after I heard him firmly telling the children, "no chores, no food." I thought there might be a gentler way to handle this and decided that they'd get paid just like daddy...only for what they did. For too long I doled out money here and there for things; now they have to use their money to buy things for themselves. School lunch, snacks and non-necessary items. (We do provide clothing and shelter for free). They each have chore charts that must be signed off by a parent and turn them in on Saturday night. We then pay them on Sunday. Works well when they want something and realize they have no money because they've done no chores for two weeks. I've learned that they must earn their own right to learn from their sins and mistakes.
If on Sunday they have not behaved in Church, then they also do not get donuts....Stephen is learning that lesson hard today!.
Well, I'd love to sit and chat, but Kimberly is having an off couple of days and really just wants me to sit and rock her, so off I go...
I'll write more later!
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Picture 2008

Family Picture 2008